The postgraduate Physiotherapy programme from Cardiff University is designed for qualified physiotherapists, across the UK and internationally at any stage of their career (including newly qualified physiotherapists).
What you'll learn
It gives you the chance to take your learning to the next level, enhancing your skills and knowledge in order to challenge and critically evaluate your own professional practice and inform physiotherapy healthcare in your country. The programme will help inform the way you practice, supporting the knowledge and skills required for change management, and service improvement to improve patient care. We strive to make sure you are ready for the next step in your career.
You will learn in a supportive environment with an opportunity to tailor your optional module choices in a way that best fits your needs. Our modules cover a range of speciality areas including, musculoskeletal, neuro-rehabilitation and cardiovascular respiratory. We also cover research methods to support your learning at masters level. The programme aims to develop your critical thinking to support you to become an expert in your practice and enhance your employability in your future career.
Your learning will be supported by experienced researchers and academics who are experts in their field. You will be designated a personal tutor who will support you throughout your studies. You may also be involved in group personal tutoring which will help you develop mentoring skills with your peers. In addition, you will be learning alongside a globally diverse group who are studying at various points in their career, sharing knowledge and gaining understanding of physiotherapy practice across the world.
Your learning environments include our bespoke physiotherapy laboratory and simulation suites. Our School benefits from a range of equipment, such as an anti-gravity treadmill and a motion capture centre, along with other equipment used to analyse human movement.
Careers and placements
Postgraduate level study is essential if you want to progress to advanced and specialist practice. An MSc will enable you to gain the skills to enhance your autonomy within your profession, to further your career and take advantage of a greater range of opportunities.
Our modules are designed to complement progression in clinical practice, but also to facilitate a move into academia or research.
Our graduates have gained roles including:
- Clinical specialist
- Consultant physiotherapist
- Physiotherapy management positions
- Academia/Lecturer positions
- Research Associate
- PhD study
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Evidencing Learning in Specialist Professional Practice
- Research methods and data analysis in healthcare
- Empirical Dissertation
- Sport and Exercise Participation, Inter-Disciplinary Management and Injury Prevention
- Musculoskeletal Diagnosis and Treatment
- Neurorehabilitation: a Theoretical Basis
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Physiotherapy Health Sciences View 145 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A degree in Physiotherapy (UK diploma or equivalent in Physiotherapy). Only qualified physiotherapists are eligible to apply.
- Clinical experience is not a requirement for entry to the programme. However the optional module HCT023 requires 2 years clinical experience as a pre requisite to entry.
- Applications are considered on a ‘personal statement’ where a judgement is made on your suitability for the programme.
- You must address the following points in your personal statement, this list is not exhaustive:
- Why have you selected this programme?
- What interests you about this programme?
- Any relevant experience related to the programme or module content.
- How you plan to use the qualification in your career.
- How you and your profession will benefit from your studies.
- Why you feel you should be given a place on the programme.
International21950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21950 GBP per year during 18 months.
National7700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7700 GBP per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.