The Professional Accounting program at the Australian National University is taught by research active academic staff.
Students are exposed to professional and scholarly accounting development and research.
With continuing high global demand for qualified accountants, graduates of the program have a wide range of career opportunities in accounting firms, government departments, banking and finance organisations, corporations and other related accounting fields.
- Integrate advanced theoretical and technical accounting knowledge in a business context, including an understanding of developments in accounting and accounting research.
- Exercise judgement under minimal supervision to analyse and provide possible solutions to emerging and advanced accounting problems in complex contexts.
- Critically apply advanced theoretical and technical accounting knowledge and skills to evaluate complex accounting problems in professional and research contexts.
- Justify and communicate accounting advice and ideas to both specialists and non-specialists.
ANU ranks among the world's very finest universities. Our nearly 100,000 alumni include political, business, government, and academic leaders around the world.
We have graduated remarkable people from every part of our continent, our region and all walks of life.
- Contemporary Issues in Accounting
- Financial Statements and Reporting
- Management Accounting and Cost Analysis
- Corporate Accounting
- Commercial Law
- Business Association Law
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Accounting View 328 other Masters in Business Administration in Australia
- At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
- A Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0, with courses in at least one cognate area.
- Or an ANU Graduate Certificate of Accounting with a minimum GPA of 4.5/7.0
International45360 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45360 AUD per year during 18 months.
National35430 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35430 AUD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.