The concentrations in pure, applied, and statistics each include a core requirement corresponding to the given area. Additional credits are required so that students can develop knowledge in a field of interest. All three require the student to either defend a thesis or pass a written comprehensive exam corresponding to the core requirements.
The teaching mathematics concentration requires a variety of content courses, as well as, education courses. The Mathematical Sciences degree options at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, for the teaching math concentration include the opportunity to write a professional paper.
- Students will have a broad understanding of several areas of mathematical sciences. They will be able to formulate and solve problems in these areas.
- Students will be able to understand, analyze, create, and write mathematical proofs.
- Students will be able to study and understand mathematical literature.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Real Analysis
- Complex Function Theory
- Applied Analysis
- Abstract Algebra
- Homological Algebra
- Topics in Algebra
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics View 210 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in United States
- Transcripts All applicants are required to submit a transcript from each postsecondary institution attended, showing all degrees and coursework, the dates awarded, and grades received. If the institution is outside the U.S., a foreign credential evaluation may be required.
- Credentials not in English must be accompanied by an English translation certified as true by a university official, an official representative of a United States embassy or consulate, the United States Information Service, the United States Education Foundation, or an approved professional translating service. Notarized copies of originals or translations are not considered official.
International21247 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21247 USD per year during 12 months.
National21247 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21247 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State6197 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6197 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Paradise
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.