The Astronomy program offered by the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, achieves this with a custom program for each student set up by their advisor and their advising committee. At the M.S. level we have two options. A coursework M.S., wherein students take classes at the graduate level in Astronomy and pass an exam. We also offer a thesis option where students will learn to formulate, conduct and report on research. In the case of the Ph.D. the research must be original research conducted independently by the student.
- Understand astrophysics at the graduate level.
- Understand either classical mechanics or quantum theory or electromagnetic theory at the graduate level.
- Understand mathematical physics at the graduate level.
- Understand observational astronomy techniques.
- Understand astrophysics of gaseous nebulae and active galactic nuclei, and high energy astrophysics.
- Understand cosmology at the graduate level.
- Understand stellar atmospheres and the interstellar medium.
- Perform a graduate research project at the doctoral level.
- Communicate scientific research to a scientific audience.
- Possess strong background of knowledge and expertise in physics and astronomy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Observational Astronomy Techniques
- Astrophysics of Gaseous Nebulae and Active Galactic Nuclei
- High Energy Astrophysics
- Interstellar Medium
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAstronomy & Space Sciences View 66 other Masters in Astronomy & Space Sciences in United States
- Transcripts All applicants are required to submit a transcript from each postsecondary institution attended, showing all degrees and coursework, the dates awarded, and grades received. If the institution is outside the U.S., a foreign credential evaluation may be required.
- Credentials not in English must be accompanied by an English translation certified as true by a university official, an official representative of a United States embassy or consulate, the United States Information Service, the United States Education Foundation, or an approved professional translating service. Notarized copies of originals or translations are not considered official.
International21247 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21247 USD per year during 12 months.
National21247 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21247 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State6197 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6197 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Paradise
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.