- The Environmental Science Option provides graduate students with an integrated, multidisciplinary education, requiring a breadth of understanding and mastery of a spectrum of scientific and engineering principles.The thesis option, designed for those interested in an in-depth experience in some particular topic, and a non-thesis option are available.
- The Geoscience Option is a two year program with specializations in stratigraphy, petrology, paleontology, sedimentology, structural geology, tectonics, plate tectonics, computer modeling, hydrology, geochemistry and paleoclimatology.
- The Environmental Science Professional Option is a Professional Master’s Degree for those interested in a career in Environmental Science.
- The Petroleum Geoscience Professional Option is a Professional Masters Degree for those interested in a career in Petroleum Geoscience. In addition to core geology courses, students are required to participate in a networking program with industry professionals, work as an intern or in a part time job in petroleum geoscience, take a course in project economics, and participate in course activities that emphasize business ethics, teamwork and communications.
Graduates of the Earth and Environmental Science at The University of Texas at Arlington will be prepared for a career as a professional geologist or a career in government policy relating to earth science and environmental issues, earth-science education, environmental law, environmental consulting or environmental medicine.
- Statistics for Earth and Environmental Scientists
- Engineering for Environmental Scientists
- Physical-chemical Processes
- Air Pollution
- Environmental Systems-biological Aspects
- Environmental Policy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 186 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in United States
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, as calculated by the Graduate School.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are used in conjunction with GPA's. For example a person with a GPA below 3.0 will need a GRE score better than average. Masters students who have succeeded in the Environmental and Earth Sciences Program typically score higher than the 60th Percentile on the verbal and quantitative portion of the GRE.
- Favorable letters of recommendation from people familiar with the applicant’s academic work.
International20620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20620 USD per year during 12 months.
National20620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20620 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10828 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.