Students in this Biology program at The University of Texas at Arlington will attain substantially greater quantitative skills than in traditional doctoral programs in the biological sciences, providing them with a competitive advantage in business, industry, government, and academia.
Our cross-disciplinary approach provides opportunities for both graduate and undergraduate students to examine a variety of societal challenges in health and the human condition, sustainable communities, and global change.
- Evolution and Ecology
- Research Stream Laboratory
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Bioinformatics View 349 other Masters in Bioinformatics in United States
- A Bachelor's degree in Biology or a Bachelor's degree in some other discipline with at least 12 hours of advanced level coursework (junior or senior level courses) in Biology.
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, as calculated by the Graduate School. Applicants overall GPA in the Sciences and within Biology are also considered.
- A satisfactory score on the Verbal and Quantitative sections of the Graduate Record Exam. Successful students tend to have a minimum combined total score of 1000 (old GRE scale), or 296 (new GRE scale) on the Verbal and Quantitative sections, with strong performance on the Quantitative section of the GRE exam.
- Favorable letters of recommendation from at least three individuals able to assess the applicant's potential for success in graduate school.
- Evidence of previous research experience may also be considered.
International20620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20620 USD per year during 12 months.
National20620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20620 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10828 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.