Students in this Master of Science in Biology at University of Texas Arlington will attain substantially greater quantitative skills than in traditional doctoral programs in the biological sciences, providing them with a competitive advantage in business, industry, government, and academia.
Supporting work outside the student's major area may be taken in botany, chemistry, earth & environmental sciences, mathematics, microbiology, physics, and zoology. Approved courses in city and regional planning, civil engineering, environmental science and engineering, philosophy, psychology, and sociology may also be taken in support of the student's program. Subject to written approval by the Graduate Advisor and within the limitations stated in the General Graduate School Regulations, a student may take up to nine hours of coursework from among courses listed under Biology at the 3000 or 4000 levels.
Our cross-disciplinary approach provides opportunities for both graduate and undergraduate students to examine a variety of societal challenges in health and the human condition, sustainable communities, and global change.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Evolution and Ecology
- Research Stream Laboratory
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics View 842 other Masters in Biology in United States
- Bachelor's degree in Biology or a Bachelor's degree in some other discipline with at least 12 hours of advanced level coursework (junior or senior level courses) in Biology.
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, as calculated by the Graduate School. Applicants overall GPA in the Sciences and within Biology are also considered.
- A satisfactory score on the Verbal and Quantitative sections of the Graduate Record Exam. Successful students tend to have a minimum combined total score of 1000 (old GRE scale), or 296 (new GRE scale) on the Verbal and Quantitative sections, with strong performance on the Quantitative section of the GRE exam.
- Favorable letters of recommendation from at least three individuals able to assess the applicant's potential for success in graduate school.
- Evidence of previous research experience may also be considered.
International23122 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23122 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National23122 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23122 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State10514 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10514 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.