Students develop the ability to conduct research and critically analyze complex information, understand decision-making processes, present their findings and conclusions in a succinct and easily-understood manner, think creatively to resolve problems and concerns, and communicate information clearly.
These skills are considered valuable in a wide range of jobs and careers, including in: the private sector, non-profit and non-governmental organizations, education, government, research and policy analysis, media, and international affairs. In addition, the Political Science MA is often used as a stepping stone for enrollment in business and law degrees.
Finally, the Department of Political Science also endeavors to equip students with the research techniques and substantive background for coursework undertaken beyond the master’s level.
The program in Political Science at University of Texas Arlington is committed to a holistic admissions approach. As a result, decisions on whether to admit or deny an application include: grade point averages, letters of recommendation, personal statements, advanced degrees, graduate courses taken as a degreed student or in another program, and professional work experience.
- Policy Analyst
- City Aministrator
- Legislative Assistant
- Campaign Director
- Political Consultant
- Higher Education Lecturer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- American Government and Politics
- Judicial Politics and the U.s. Supreme Court
- Bureaucratic Leadership: Trends in Public Administration and Policy Management
- Campaigns and Elections
- Agendas, Information, and Decision-making in Public Policy
- Public Opinion
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science View 255 other Masters in Political Science in United States
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited general or specific program. A bachelor’s degree in political science, however, is not required.
- A copy of all university and college transcripts.
- A written personal statement (200 words) explaining the applicant's interest and motivation in studying for a graduate degree in political science.
- Three letters of recommendation (including at least two from university/college faculty) that favorably assess the applicant’s potential success in a graduate program and in the field of political science. Letters must be mailed directly from the recommenders to the Graduate Adviser of political science.
International23122 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23122 USD per year during 12 months.
National23122 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23122 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10514 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10514 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.