The Photography program at Temple University offers students close mentorship, top facilities, and interdisciplinary approaches, drawing on the resources available in Tyler’s broad range of studio art programs as well as its architecture and environmental design programs. Whether students want to make bold moves into other disciplines through the lens of photography or be trained as classic still photographers, the breadth of faculty expertise and programs at Tyler offers a pathway, guided by one-on-one attention from faculty.
Students have access to both the resources of a large public research university and the warmth, support, and spirit of collaboration that has come to define the Tyler Photography community. Tyler M.F.A. students take advantage of faculty and alumni relationships in the photography and art world and the school’s location in Philadelphia, a vibrant art center with a pioneering photographic tradition, and its proximity to New York and Washington, D.C., to grow their creative practices and careers.
The M.F.A. program prepares graduates for careers as professional photographers and educators. M.F.A. graduates also explore the many fields of applied art and act as curators, critics, and researchers.
- Digital Projects
- Graduate Seminar in Photography
- Graduate Photo Workshop: Digital Photography
- Graduate Projects in Photography
- Graduate Professional Practices
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 823 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference: 3
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration
- Statement of Goals: Approximately 500 to 1,000 words include your specific interest in Tyler's program, your research goals, your future career goals, and your academic and artistic achievements.
- Standardized Test Scores
- Portfolio: As a Master of Fine Arts applicant, you must submit a portfolio that consists of 20 images representative of the immediate direction of your work.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International46590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1553 USD per credit during 24 months.
National46590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1553 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State35130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1171 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.