The Master of Music in Choral Conducting at Temple University is a rigorous and highly selective course of study. Through experiential seminars, intensive coursework and research, you’ll develop advanced analytical, historical, linguistic, technical, theoretical and vocal skills.
Choral Conducting MM students conduct a number of resident ensembles, and they present two recitals with the Graduate Conductors Chorus and Recital Chorus. Graduates have gone on to conduct community, professional, school and university choirs across the country.
Classes & Curriculum
All students are required to take diagnostic examinations in aural skills, counterpoint, harmony and music history prior to the first term of graduate study. Students who opt not to take any or all exams prior to the first semester of study must complete remedial coursework within the first academic year.
Required courses include:
- Choral Conducting Seminar I, II, III and IV;
- Choral Literature: Early Period, Baroque Period, Classical and Romantic Period, and 20th/21st Centuries;
- Concert Choir;
- Research in Music; and
- Stylistic Analysis.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Concert Choir
- Choral Conducting Seminar I
- Choral Conducting Seminar II
- Choral Conducting Seminar III
- Choral Conducting Seminar IV
- Choral Literature: Early Period
- 72 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMusic View 969 other Masters in Music in United States
- Research your graduate degree program
- Take a standardized test (GMAT, GRE)
- Complete online application
- Submit your supporting credentials (Statement of Goals, Transcripts, Standardized Test Scores, Letters of Recommendation, Résumé, Portfolio, Audition or Interview)
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International1423 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1423 USD per credit and a duration of 72 months.
National1423 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1423 USD per credit and a duration of 72 months.
In-State1068 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1068 USD per credit and a duration of 72 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.