The Master of Music in Choral Conducting at Temple University is a rigorous and highly selective course of study. Through experiential seminars, intensive coursework and research, you’ll develop advanced analytical, historical, linguistic, technical, theoretical and vocal skills.
Choral Conducting MM students conduct a number of resident ensembles, and they present two recitals with the Graduate Conductors Chorus and Recital Chorus. Graduates have gone on to conduct community, professional, school and university choirs across the country.
Classes & Curriculum
All students are required to take diagnostic examinations in aural skills, counterpoint, harmony and music history prior to the first term of graduate study. Students who opt not to take any or all exams prior to the first semester of study must complete remedial coursework within the first academic year.
Required courses include:
- Choral Conducting Seminar I, II, III and IV;
- Choral Literature: Early Period, Baroque Period, Classical and Romantic Period, and 20th/21st Centuries;
- Concert Choir;
- Research in Music; and
- Stylistic Analysis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Career Planning for the Classical Singer
- Choral Ensemble
- Singing Owls Campus/Community Choir
- Applied Keyboard Graduate Minor
- Special Topics in Music
- Advanced Conducting
- Samba Owls
- 12 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 952 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Take a standardized test
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference: 2
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration: All applicants must present credentials that are the equivalent of the appropriate Bachelor of Music degree at Temple University, which is based on a curriculum of 124 to 135 hours.
- Statement of Goals: Include your special interests within the discipline and expectations for the program.
- Resume: Current resume required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International46656 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1458 USD per credit during 12 months.
National46656 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1458 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State35040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1095 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.