It leads to the award of a highly prestigious double degree. All students will spend their first year at UCL SSEES and their second year at a partner university of their choice.
The Economy, State and Society-Economics and Business programme offered at the University College London (UCL) combines rigorous research methods training, discipline-based and area studies training and intensive language tuition.
Students develop cultural and linguistic knowledge of Eastern and Western Europe, and acquire the skills to identify and critically analyse key factors shaping the economies, states and societies of the expanding European region. All students will spend their first year at UCL SSEES and their second year at a partner university of their choice.
Graduates of this programme are qualified to progress to doctoral research in the European area; others may advance to careers in governmental or international organisations, and may specialise in finance, commerce, analysis or consultancy. Others may seek a career in diplomacy, or in journalism, or in non-governmental organisations. Indeed, the scope of IMESS is broad and so too, correspondingly, are the post-IMESS possibilities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Quantitative Methods (6 ECTS)
- Advanced Quantitative Methods (6 ECTS)
- Political Economy of International Business (12 ECTS) OR International Macroeconomic Policy (12 ECTS)
- Trade and FDI with reference to Eastern Europe
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Finance and Investment in Emerging Markets
- Financial Development
- Corruption and Governance: Causies, Consequences and Control
- Public Choice-Private Interest
- Economic Development and Policies
- Informal Practices in Post-Communist Societies
- International Macroeconomic Policy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics International Business View 486 other Masters in International Business in United Kingdom
- Normally an upper second-class Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
- Applicants are usually expected to have studied one term of both microeconomics and macroeconomics in their undergraduate degree.
International19356 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19356 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA10876 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10876 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.