Physiological Sciences degree offered by the University of Arizona , graduate students work side-by-side with the faculty investigators addressing disease processes in diabetes, cardiovascular disease, neuroscience, cancer, and asthma. Our faculty use innovative research techniques and experimental approaches from molecular to human studies.
Physiology PhD graduates can enter careers in academia, industry, and government. Our faculty are nationally recognized scientists, with expertize in professional development and nationally recognized mentoring awards. We have an ethnically and educationally diverse student body, and offer both a PhD and a Research based Masters program (with funded Teaching Assistanships). Our program includes 60 faculty members from 19 departments, across 6 Colleges at the University of Arizona, and students have opportunities to work with scientists in clincial departments in the College of Medicine.
The Graduate College sponsors several Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs (GIDPs) in addition to the many interdisciplinary possibilities available through regular graduate degree programs. GIDPs transcend departmental boundaries by facilitating cutting edge teaching and research at the nexus of traditional disciplines. The high value placed on interdisciplinary research and education is indicative of The University of Arizona's enthusiasm and commitment to fostering innovation and creativity among its faculty and students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cellular and Molecular Physiology
- Systems Physiology
- Student Forum/Physiology Seminar
- Research Methods in Physiology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy View 162 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Prior to applying to the Physiological Sciences Program at the University of Arizona, please ensure that you have the following:
- A bachelor's degree from a college or university that grants degrees recognized by the University of Arizona.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.000 for the most recently completed 60 units of coursework.
- Undergraduate courses in the basic sciences, however deficits in one area can be made up during the early phase of training if they are offset by strengths in other areas. Undergraduate coursework in the following is recommended:
- 2 semesters of coursework in the life sciences
- 2 semesters of inorganic chemistry with labs (biochemistry is strongly recommended)
- 1 semester of mathematics (preferably calculus)
- 2 semesters of physics with lab
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5969 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.