You will become a policy actor, equipped for professional policy work in public, private, and non-profit sectors, and will know how to pursue your craft with integrity. The Policy Studies program at University of Washington Bothell is comprised of students, scholars, and policy professionals who collaborate in policy arenas such as environment & energy, labor, education, human rights, local and state government, and technology. Faculty and student research contributes to the academic body of knowledge, promotes public education, and engages in the major contemporary policy debates.
The curriculum designed on a cohort model; students are therefore only admitted in Autumn Quarter (and not during Winter, Spring, and Summer Quarters).Our programs are structured with classes offered in the evening to serve non-traditional students, including working professionals.
Consequently, all required classes meet on the UW Bothell campus twice a week, after 5 pm. While you are welcome to work while enrolled in the program, please note that because the programs are rigorous, it is beneficial to have the ability to adjust your work schedule to allow more focus on your studies during periods when your academic workload intensifies.
The Master of Arts in Policy Studies program provides students with a rich toolkit of skills and vital network of relationships to enhance their future careers. Students are encouraged to draw from their own strengths and experiences to develop a pathway unique to their passions and interests.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Statistics Fundamentals for Policy Studies
- Policy Process and Analysis
- Sustainability, Social Policy, Leadership
- Statistics for Policy Studies
- Management and Program Evaluation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Public Administration View 514 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- An application to the Graduate School and $85 application fee
- A statement of intent, describing your relevant background and articulating your goals in seeking a MA in Policy Studies degree.
- Statement on quantitative skills. Applications are reviewed for evidence of quantitative skills.
- A current resume
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one from faculty who can discuss your academic ability.
- An academic essay/writing sample demonstrating your academic research ability, critical thinking skills and writing proficiency.
- All unofficial transcripts from prior academic work, including community and technical college, college, and university.
International28812 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28812 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National16521 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16521 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Each year we offer general scholarships graciously endowed from individuals, organizations, UW Bothell alumni, businesses, and associations. These scholarships are available to students enrolled at UW Bothell. We have two applications per year:
- UW Bothell General Scholarship (awarded for autumn -- spring quarters) application available in March online.
- UW Bothell Winter & Spring General Scholarship (awarded for winter and spring quarters) application available online in autumn.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.