Through academic courses and supported K-8 classroom experiences in a year-long field placement, students think deeply about teaching practices, subject matter, and social justice as they improve their skills in the company of colleagues who work together toward improving education for all children.
The Educational Studies with Elementary Teacher Certification program at the University of Michigan prepares you for teacher certification in:
- Grades K-8 in self-contained, multi-subject classrooms
- Grades 6-8 in subject-specific classrooms, if the relevant Michigan Test for Teacher Certification in the endorsement area is passed
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Developmental Reading and Writing Instruction in the Elementary School
- Individualizing Reading and Writing Instruction in Elementary Classrooms
- Teaching of Social Studies in the Elementary School
- Teaching Students with Exceptionalities K-8
- Digital Technologies K-8
- Teaching Language, Literacy and Academic Content to English Speakers and English Language Learners
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 1291 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Register as a prospective student and obtain a UMID number. Having a UMID number will aid in the processing of your application.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with our Recruitment Coordinators to learn more about the next steps to becoming a teacher candidate
- Complete a Request for a Coursework Evaluation. Submit the request for a coursework evaluation along with accompanying transcript(s) prior to submitting all other application materials
- Complete the Rackham online application
International49548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49548 USD per year during 12 months.
National49548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49548 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State24772 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24772 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Ann Arbor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.