The department maintains close ties with teachers, schools and informal science institutions in the greater Long Beach area. Learn more in the Informal Science Education programme at California State University Long Beach.
It undertakes projects aimed at pre-college through university students. From the Head Start on Science project which develops a "sense of wonder" and excitement preschool and Kindergarten children, their teachers and parents to outreach and professional development for inservice elementary and secondary teachers, and support for preservice teachers and informal science educators, the department hosts a wide variety of grants and projects impacting the entire preK-16 and informal science education community.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Current Issues and Research in Science Education
- Science Teaching, Learning and Curriculum Models
- Nature of Science
- Science Learning in Informal Settings
- Directed Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation View 3558 other Masters in Education in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited university or college.
- Good standing at the last institution attended.
- At least a 2.5 grade point average in the last 60 upper division semester units attempted, independent of when and where the baccalaureate was granted. The entire semester or quarter in which the 60 units began will be used in this calculation. See official documentation for details about what units are excluded from these calculations.
The University also requires all students to demonstrate competency in writing skills. This is done by passing the Writing Proficiency Examination (WPE) or approved alternative examination.
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3588 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3588 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
If you are not a resident of California , you must add $396.00 for each unit of credit you take.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.