The Master in Adolescence Education: Mathematics from State University of New York-Potsdam leads to Initial/Professional Certification in Adolescence Education: Mathematics (grades 7-12), with a possible extension for Middle Childhood Education: Mathematics (grades 5-6).
The Fieldwork Experience:
- Completion of 100 hours of fieldwork in a local school prior to student teaching, gaining hands-on understanding of educational environments and innovative teaching strategies used in today's classrooms.
- One semester of student teaching, including two distinct placements in the middle and high school level.
- A close relationship with your field supervisor, who is committed to offering the support and insight you need to reach your highest potential as an educator.
Unique Program Features:
- Student teaching placements frequently result in full-time employment upon graduation.Our faculty has a large network of contacts in the field that lead to information about job opportunities, and our graduates regularly call for recommendations to fill positions.
- Small class sizes offer the opportunity to build close relationships with professors and fellow math teacher candidates. Students graduate with a cohort who provides support throughout the length of their future careers.
- Opportunities are offered to attend the annual Association of Mathematics Teachers of New York State (AMTNYS) conference, gaining invaluable insight into the field.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Seminar: Teaching Science in Secondary School
- Issues in Science/Technology/Society
- Educational Law
- Using Spreadsheets in Teaching School Mathematics
- Topics in Mathematics for Elementary Teachers
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Actuarial Science View 3529 other Masters in Education in United States
- Evidence of an earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university. International students should consult the International Graduate Student page for information on U.S. Equivalency guidelines. An unofficial transcript may be submitted for the purpose of obtaining an admissions decision.
- International students where English is not their primary language must refer to the International Graduate Student page to obtain information about important requirements regarding English language proficiency.
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average 3.0 GPA in the most recent 60 credit hours.
International22650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11325 USD per semester and a duration of 15 months.
National22650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11325 USD per semester and a duration of 15 months.
In-State11090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5545 USD per semester and a duration of 15 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.