Recently renamed to emphasize both motion picture film and the newest of new media, the program facilitates exploration from the one to the other and back.
- The Film and Media Studies program from is designed to consider current theoretical approaches and to look historiographically at trends such as the transition from motion picture film to digital media.
- Students concentrate in Motion Picture Film and Television or Media Art/Media Theory in their selection of elective courses either inside the School of the Arts or outside in Columbia University Arts and Sciences departments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cinema/Media History
- Pro-Seminar in Film Theory
- New Media Art
- Digital Storytelling
- Media Archaeology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 213 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Application: Must be submitted online
- Transcripts: Applicants must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited undergraduate institution at the time they matriculate into the School of the Arts.
- Three Letters of Recommendation: Online submission of letters of recommendation is required. Recommenders should be academic or professional contacts who can speak to your creative ability and potential; personal/friend references are not permitted.
- Creative Materials Required for Application: Please click below for a list of creative materials that are required for each program.
International65116 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 65116 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National65116 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 65116 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.