The Environmental Sciences and Policy program from Johns Hopkins gives students a powerful understanding of where the sciences overlap and inform policy while providing insight into how policy is implemented and affects environmental outcomes. The program was designed by academic leaders in the Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences at Johns Hopkins University, in conjunction with experts in applied science at regional and federal institutes and agencies. The focus is on studying the environmental effects of current use on the creation, updating, regulating, communicating and enforcing of environmental policy.
This program is founded on the premise that rational solutions to complex, twenty first century environmental challenges require an in-depth understanding of applicable scientific principles and an appreciation for relevant political, ethical, economic, legal, and historical contexts. Graduates of the program develop combined expertise in science and policy that empowers them to become change agents and leaders in public and private organizations responsible for safeguarding our environment. Many of the program’s students are currently employed in environmental fields but wish to enhance their knowledge or move in new directions. Others seek to transition into the arena of environmental science and policy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Geological Foundations of Environmental Science
- Hydrology and Water Resources
- Oceanic and Atmospheric Processes
- Principles and Methods of Ecology
- Environmental Applications of GIS
- Environmental Policymaking and Policy Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
It is recommended that students submit all of their application materials at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester.
DisciplinesGeology Environmental Economics & Policy Environmental Sciences View 111 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in United States
- Complete the Online Application
- Upload the following required materials to the Online Application: 500-word Statement of Purpose, Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Submit the application and pay the $75 fee when you have uploaded all necessary materials (listed above).
- Upload unofficial copies of transcripts to the application.
- Mail in official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate coursework completed within the US only.
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination.
International4214 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4214 USD per module and a duration of 12 months.
National4214 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4214 USD per module and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.