The Johns Hopkins University's Master of Biotechnology Enterprise and Entrepreneurship program is intended for biotechnology professionals who want a career beyond the laboratory within an existing biotechnology organization or for those who dream of starting a new biotechnology enterprise. The curriculum will provide you with the interdisciplinary foundation to address the enterprise and regulatory challenges organizations face in the biotechnology industry.
You’ll complete 10 graduate courses, including a final practicum course to gain real-world experience. You may choose three electives across a broad range of science, enterprise and regulatory courses. You can also complete a concentration in legal/regulatory affairs.
As a graduate, you’ll have the expertise to:
- Formulate strategies that reflect the interdisciplinary nature of the biotechnology industry in the areas of science, regulation and enterprise.
- Develop and carry out appropriate leadership strategies to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Create financial and funding strategies for success under various economic situations.
- Demonstrate principles of human interrelationships to research, design and development activities, with emphasis upon principles of communication.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Proseminar in Biotechnology
- Translational Biotechnology: From Intellectual Property to Licensing
- Managing and Leading Biotechnology Professionals or Leading Change in Biotechnology
- Marketing Aspects of Biotechnology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
It is recommended that students submit all of their application materials at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester.
DisciplinesBiology Entrepreneurship Biotechnology View 37 other Masters in Entrepreneurship in United States
- Complete the Online Application
- Upload the following required materials to the Online Application: 500-word Statement of Purpose, Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Submit the application and pay the $75 fee when you have uploaded all necessary materials (listed above).
- Upload unofficial copies of transcripts to the application.
- Mail in official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate coursework completed within the US only.
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more.
International4675 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4675 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National4675 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4675 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.