The Johns Hopkins University's MS in Biotechnology offers a comprehensive exploration of basic science, applied science, and lab science, with an industry focus. The program gives you a solid grounding in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, genomics, and proteomics.
This 10-course degree program is thesis-optional, part-time, and can be completed fully online. Our curriculum will prepare you to engage in research, lead lab teams, make development and planning decisions, create and apply research modalities to large projects, and take the reins of management and marketing decisions.
Many students like the flexibility of the general degree; it allows them to tailor the coursework to meet their individual career goals. The program also offers six different concentrations: biodefense, bioinformatics, biotechnology enterprise, regenerative and stem cell technologies, regulatory affairs, or drug discovery.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Molecular Biology
- Advanced Cellular Biology I
- Bio-Organic Chemistry
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
It is recommended that students submit all of their application materials at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester .
DisciplinesChemistry Biotechnology Bioinformatics View 155 other Masters in Biotechnology in United States
- Complete the Online Application
- Upload the following required materials to the Online Application: 500-word Statement of Purpose, Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Submit the application and pay the $75 fee when you have uploaded all necessary materials (listed above).
- Upload unofficial copies of transcripts to the application.
- Mail in official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate coursework completed within the US only.
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more.
International4675 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4675 USD per module and a duration of 12 months.
National4675 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4675 USD per module and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.