The Johns Hopkins University's MS in Bioinformatics program will immerse you in the topics and applied methods of computational modeling, molecular biology, systems biology, structural biology, proteomics, genomic sequencing and genomic analysis, microarrays and microarray analysis.
As a graduate with the MS in Bioinformatics, you’ll have the educational foundation to interpret complex biological information, perform analysis of sequence data using sophisticated bioinformatics software, and program software when needed. The degree covers not only the theoretical aspects of the field, but also the practical side of bioinformatics. And it’s taught through by the Hopkins faculty members who are actively developing these exciting new technologies.
Designed for working adults, the program offers courses online and onsite. You can even complete the degree entirely online.
Onsite courses are taught during evenings or weekends at either the university’s Homewood Campus in Baltimore, MD or the Montgomery County Campus in Rockville, MD. Onsite students can choose courses offered in our state-of-the-art laboratory.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Molecular Biology
- Epigenetics, Gene Organization and Expression
- Practical Computer Concepts for Bioinformatics
- Introduction to Bioinformatics
- Biological Databases and Database Tools
- Foundations of Algorithms
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
We accept applications all year round. We encourage applicants to complete their applications a few months before their intended start term.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Biotechnology Bioinformatics View 157 other Masters in Biotechnology in United States
- Complete the Online Application
- Upload the following required materials to the Online Application: 500-word Statement of Purpose, Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Submit the application and pay the $75 fee when you have uploaded all necessary materials (listed above).
- Upload unofficial copies of transcripts to the application.
- Mail in official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate coursework completed within the US only.
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more.
International4675 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4675 USD per module and a duration of 16 months.
National4675 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4675 USD per module and a duration of 16 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.