We offer a master degree in Apparel Design at Cornell University. Students are expected to develop strength in their base discipline as well as gain appropriate breadth to support the area of specialization. Active research programs exist in high-performance fibers and fiber-reinforced composites; Green composites; detergency and surface chemistry; perfume treated fabrics; textile materials in biomedical and geotechnical applications; polymers for electronics; liquid-crystal polymers; textile-dye chemistry; crystal morphology of fibers; electrospin of fibers; cellulose; apparel and fashion design, design ethnography; sizing and fit of apparel; functional apparel; cultural and historic studies of clothing and textiles; mass customization and technology; and technology management in the apparel industry.
Master concepts in Apparel Design such as:
- Anthropology of the Fashioned Body
- Understanding Functional Aspects of Clothing and Design
- Human Factors: Anthropometrics and Apparel
- Fashion Theory
- Fashion, Media and Technology
- Fashion and Beauty
- Functional Aspects of Clothing and Design
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Outstanding facilities for research and study are available in the College of Human Ecology and the College of Engineering.
- Textile and polymer science laboratories are equipped with modern instrumentation for chemical, physical, and mechanical analysis and with a controlled temperature and humidity room.
- Apparel design studios are equipped with industrial sewing equipment. Video image-capture and photography equipment is available in a visual analysis lab.
- The functional apparel lab houses a variety of human-factors testing equipment, including a full-body scanner.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods View 430 other Masters in Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- all Graduate School Requirements, including the TOEFL Exam or IELTS Academic Exam for non-native English applicants
- two recommendations and recommendation forms
- GRE general test
- GRE writing assessment
- pre-application for M.A., M.S. applicants; request form from field via e-mail
- portfolio for Apparel Design applicants
International20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year during 24 months.
National20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.