The Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant is available to U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens who are currently enrolled and have a parent or guardian who died as a result of military service in Iraq or Afghanistan.
- For any 2019–20 Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant first disbursed on or after Oct. 1, 2018, and before Oct. 1, 2019, the maximum award amount is $5,810.91.
- For any 2019–20 Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant first disbursed on or after Oct. 1, 2019, and before Oct. 1, 2020, the maximum award amount is $5,829.50
- Meet Federal and Cornell Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements.
- You are not eligible for a Federal Pell Grant because your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) exceeds the maximum requirement for the Pell Grant, but you meet all other Pell Grant eligibility requirements.
- Your parent or guardian was a member of the U.S. armed forces and died as a result of military service performed in Iraq or Afghanistan after 9/11/01.
- You were under 24 years of age or enrolled in college at least part-time at the time of your parent’s or guardian’s death.
Study experience required
To apply, students must submit the FAFSA application.