The Special Education Program at California State University, Bakersfield offers the following programs:
- Preliminary Education Specialist Credential Program
- Master of Arts (M.A.) Degree in Education, specializing in Special Education
All programs are accredited by NCATE and the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC).
At CSUB, our primary mission is to prepare future special education teachers who can work effectively with students with Mild/Moderate or Moderate/Severe disabilities. Our students develop the instructional, interpersonal and management skills that are critical to success in this field. Graduates become effective teachers and caring, reflective, decision-making professionals.
- Research Design & Analysis in Education
- Communication & Consultation
- Classroom Management & Positive Behavior Support
- Assessment of Students with Disabilities
- Research in Special Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 771 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university: official transcripts from all college/university work
- Transcripts from a college/university outside of the U.S. will require a course-by course analysis
- Affidavit of financial support
- Insurance agreement form
- A copy of the student’s passport
- A statement of purpose
- Current professional resume
- 3 letters of recommendation from former professors
International13684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13684 USD per year during 12 months.
National13684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13684 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8932 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8932 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Long Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.