The major goal of the Educational Counseling program at California State University, Bakersfield is to prepare professional counselors who have the knowledge and skills to practice in a wide variety of counseling settings.
Students must select one of the two concentrations described below in their initial application:
- Students desiring to counsel in P-12 public or private educational settings should select a concentration in the area of School Counseling.
- The curriculum has been designed for preparation toward a Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) credential issued by the state of California.
- Students desiring to work in student service positions within community college, college, and university settings should select a concentration in the area of Student Affairs.
- The curriculum has been designed to prepare effective professional counselors to work in a wide range of settings. Examples include Admissions and Records, Financial Aid, Residence Life, Academic Advising, Career Development, Talent Search, and Upward Bound.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Human Communication Skills
- Advocacy in Counseling
- Counseling Across the Lifespan
- Social Justice
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Counseling
- Research in Counseling
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation School Counselling Educational Psychology View 605 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university: official transcripts from all college/university work
- Transcripts from a college/university outside of the U.S. will require a course-by course analysis
- Affidavit of financial support
- Insurance agreement form
- A copy of the student’s passport
- A statement of purpose
- Current professional resume
- 3 letters of recommendation from former professors
International13684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13684 USD per year during 24 months.
National13684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13684 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State8932 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8932 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Long Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.