Texas Christian University, Master of Social Work
- To prepare ethical and competent advanced social work practitioners who promote human rights and economic and social justice with diverse clients in the global community.
- The Department of Social Work at TCU began as a part of the Department of Sociology in 1975, supported by Title XX of the Social Security Act. In 1978, the BSW Program achieved full accreditation from the Council on Social Work Education (CWSE) and has been reaccredited every 8 year cycle in 1983, 1991, 1999, and 2007. The MSW Program is expecting final accreditation concurrent with the first graduating class in 2015.
- The MSW program offers an advanced generalist concentration that will provide you the knowledge and skills needed for effective and autonomous practice with systems of all types and sizes. MSW graduates will demonstrate increased skill and leadership in assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating across multiple system levels, including practice with individuals, groups, communities and societies.
- The graduates will address complex and changing practice environments in settings from clinical work with individuals and families to macro practice in national policy analysis. We will prepare MSW practitioners for direct and indirect interventions that are client-centered, problem-focused, and research-based. Additionally, students will have the opportunity to choose electives in the specialization areas of health/mental health or children and families.
- The faculty created a curriculum recognizing the diverse interests of students pursuing a career in social work. The advanced standing and traditional programs are only offered on a full-time basis only. Our foundation-year curriculum, with its emphasis on generalist knowledge, values, and skills of social work practice, prepares you for advanced study. Our concentration-year curriculum coursework, which allows you to select electives in your area of interest, will help you develop strategies to meet the needs of diverse clients and communities. Students enter the program in the Fall semester only.
The TCU Master of Social Work (MSW) Program is a program that began admitting students in the Fall 2013. The program is focused on preparing Advanced Generalist practitioners to:
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Foundation
- Micro Practice
- Social Welfare Policies and Services
- Macro Practice
- Diversity & Social Justice
- Perspectives of Mental Health Practice
- Advanced Practice
- Applied Evaluation Research
- Administration and Management
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSocial Work View 341 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- The traditional MSW requires 60 credit hours and is only available as a full-time course of study.
- Prior degree: students accepted for the MSW traditional program must have completed a baccalaureate degree (BA or BS) reflecting a liberal arts foundation from an accredited college or university
- GPA: applicants should have strong academic preparation as demonstrated by an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale in the last 60 hours of coursework
- Course prerequisites: applicants must have one college-level course in each of the following: statistics, sociology, and psychology before registering for the first semester in the MSW Program
- Petition for Academic Exception
International29340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29340 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National29340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29340 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.