Ocean Sciences from University of California, Santa Cruz prepares students to demonstrate understanding of fundamentals of oceanography, including Physical Oceanography and at least two of the following specialty areas (Biological, Chemical, Geological Oceanography).
Graduates from the program are exceptionally prepared to take research or management positions in organizations concerned with the marine environment, to become educators, or to enter doctoral programs in ocean sciences or related fields. The thesis M. S. degree is preparation for research careers.
- Physical Oceanography
- Climate Dynamics
- Biogeochemical Cycles
- Predicting The Atmosphere, Ocean, And Climate
- Marine Microbial Ecology
- Chemical Oceanography
- Aquatic Organic Geochemistry
- Biological Oceanography
- Dynamics Of Marine Ecosystems
- Applied Environmental Time Series Analysis
- Geophysical Fluid Dynamics
- Marine Geology
- Teaching In Ocean Sciences
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Plan I (thesis, minimum 44 credits) or Plan II (coursework, minimum 42 credits)
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Marine Studies View 146 other Masters in Marine Studies in United States
- Official transcripts
- Supplemental Materials
- Three (3) letters of recommendation are required, up to 5 may be submitted.
- General test GRE scores are required
- Availability of suitable sponsor.
- A Statement of Purpose. Please describe your plans for graduate study or research and for your future occupation or profession. Include any information that may aid the selection committee in evaluating your preparation and qualifications for graduate study at the University of California, Santa Cruz. Recommended length is a concise 2-4 pages.
- A Personal History Statement is also required
International15102 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15102 USD per year during 24 months.
National15102 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15102 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State14178 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14178 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Santa Cruz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.