Microbiology and Environmental Toxicology from University of California, Santa Cruz prepares students to solve important problems in the field of environmental health by providing stimulating coursework, extensive scientific presentation training, and in-depth research that culminates in a thesis.
Graduates from the program are exceptionally prepared to take research or management positions in organizations concerned with microbial and environmental health-related sciences. Graduates may also pursue fields in education or enter doctoral programs in biological and environmental health sciences or related fields.
- Interdisciplinary Approaches to Environmental Toxicology
- Sources and Fates of Pollutants
- Cell and Molecular Toxicology
- Advanced Microbiology
- Molecular and Cellular Basis of Bacterial Pathogenesis
- Environmental Microbiology
- Drug Action and Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesToxicology Microbiology View 292 other Masters in Microbiology in United States
- Official transcripts
- Supplemental Materials
- Three (3) letters of recommendation are required, up to 5 may be submitted.
- A Statement of Purpose is required: Please describe your motivation for seeking graduate training. We are particularly interested in learning about your previous research experience. Emphasize how the Microbiology and Environmental Toxicology Department (METX) at UC Santa Cruz specifically fits your future research interests and career goals. Two pages maximum.
- A Personal History Statement is also required
International15102 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15102 USD per year during 24 months.
National15102 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15102 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State14178 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14178 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Santa Cruz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.