At Philosophy from University of California, Santa Cruz among the faculty’s main contemporary interests are those topics commonly pursued in any high-ranking research and teaching program, and particularly those comparable to departments of philosophy at other UC’s: including for example research and teaching interests in philosophy of science, metaphysics, philosophy of mind, epistemology, philosophy of language, philosophy of religion, ethics and moral psychology.
Graduates with Philosophy from University of California, Santa Cruz will gain knowledge in:
- History of Philosophy, including ancient, early modern, Kant, 19th century,
- History of 20th century philosophy (analytic, continenal, and combined).
- Probability And Confirmation
- Philosophy Of Language
- Philosophy Of Psychology
- Making Up The Mind
- Philosophy Of Religion
- Ethics, Nature, And Natural Selection
- Environmental Ethics
- Philosophical Matters Of Scientific Practice
- History Of Consciousness
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Ancient History General Studies & Classics View 226 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in United States
- Official transcripts
- Supplemental Materials
- Three (3) letters of recommendation are required, up to 5 may be submitted.
- General test GRE scores are required
- Writing sample: 4,000 - 6,000 words.
- A Statement of purpose is required: Please describe your plans for graduate study or research (including who and what) and for your future occupation or profession. Recommended length is 500 - 1,000 words.
- A Personal History Statement is also required
International15102 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15102 USD per year during 12 months.
National15102 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15102 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State14178 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14178 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Santa Cruz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.