Literature from University of California, Santa Cruz aims to develop students ability to teach courses (usually completed through pedagogy course and teaching assistantships). and define teaching field(s) through coursework.
Graduates with Literature from University of California, Santa Cruz will be able to:
- Develop familiarity with major approaches to literary interpretation
- Gain exposure to historical, transnational and translational approaches to literary study
- Develop and complete written research projects
- Acquire familiarity with the job market and an ability to participate in intellectual and professional activities
- Individual Authors: John Milton
- Cultural Studies: Transcultural Poetics
- Writing Studio: Vectors, Space, and the Self
- Studies in Literary and Cultural History: Paperwork
- Methods and Materials: Creative Non-Fiction
- Topics in Theory: Theory of the Novel
- Studies in Literary and Cultural History: Contested Boundaries: Rereading Contemporary Poetic Controversies
- Studies in Literary and Cultural History: Topics of the Medieval and Renaissance through the Movies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing General Studies & Classics Literature View 391 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
- Official transcripts
- Supplemental Materials
- Three (3) letters of recommendation are required, up to 5 may be submitted.
- Curriculum Vitae (C.V.)
- Writing Sample: Please provide a writing sample between 10-20 pages in length. Though the sample need not be in Literature, it should demonstrate relevant skills in writing, critical thinking, and textual analysis.
- A Statement of purpose is required: Please describe your plans for graduate study or research and for your future occupation or profession. Include any information that may aid the selection committee in evaluating your preparation and qualifications for graduate study at the University of California, Santa Cruz. Recommended length is a concise 2-4 pages.
- A Personal History Statement is also required
International15102 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15102 USD per year during 12 months.
National15102 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15102 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State14178 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14178 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Santa Cruz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.