Theater Arts from University of California, Santa Cruz serves as a bridge from undergraduate work to professional work in a range of performance-related fields. It also places students in an excellent position to pursue further graduate academic work, such as an M.F.A. or Ph.D.
Graduates with Theater Arts from University of California, Santa Cruz will gain knowledge in:
- Technical Theater
- Stage Management
- Dramatic Literature
- Arts Dean's Lecture Series on Creative Entrepreneurship
- Iranian Theatre
- Theater Design and Technology
- Stage Management
- Costume Construction
- Drafting for Theatrical Production
- Drafting-Computer Aided
- Design Studio: Lighting Studio
- Acting Studio: Psychological Realism
- Indonesian Dance and Drama
- Voice for the Actor
- Movement for Performers
- Understanding Shakespeare
- Dance Studio
- Contemporary Dance Theory and Technique
- The Dance Experience
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Theatre & Dance Music Performance View 347 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
- Official transcripts
- Supplemental Materials
- Three (3) letters of recommendation are required, up to 5 may be submitted.
- Work sample
- Writing sample
- A Statement of Purpose is required: Please describe your plans for graduate study and for your future profession. Include information about your past experience and current projects that will help the selection committee evaluate your preparedness for graduate study and your promise as a professional. (Recommended length: 3-4 pages.)
International15102 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15102 USD per year during 12 months.
National15102 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15102 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State14178 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14178 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Santa Cruz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.