The Master of Public Health (M.P.H.), offered by The University of Iowa, is recognized as the primary professional degree in public health. The objective of Iowa's M.P.H. program is to provide education and practical training in public health to students who will be leaders in their respective communities. The program is appropriate for individuals who already have professional experience and/or training in public health as well as for those whose expertise lies outside of public health.
Students may earn the Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) as a single degree, or they may pursue one of several combined degree programs. The College of Public Health offers combined M.P.H./professional degree programs with the Carver College of Medicine and the Colleges of Law and Pharmacy. It also offers two programs in collaboration with the College of Veterinary Medicine at Iowa State University. See "M.P.H./D.V.M. (Iowa State University)" and descriptions of the combined degree programs under Combined Programs in this section of the Catalog.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Public Health
- Introduction to Biostatistics
- Introduction to Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Epidemiology I: Principles
- Introduction to the U.S. Health Care System
- Global Environmental Health
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health View 883 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Applicants must have earned a Bachelor's or a professional degree
- The minimum grade point average requirement for admission to the MPH program is 3.0.
- GRE preferred minimums are: verbal 151 and quantitative 152. If you took the exam prior to August 1, 2011, the preferred minimums are: verbal 467 and quantitative 591.
- The following scores may be substituted for the GRE: MCAT, LSAT, PCAT, DAT, GMAT, VCAT.
- TOEFL (or IELTS during the 2006-2007 year) scores
International33009 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33009 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National34365 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 34365 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State15909 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15909 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.