The Special Education graduate program offered by University of Maryland Eastern Shore is designed to develop and refine the students I skills as classroom teachers, resource teachers, teacher consultants, academic coaches, or as specialists in alternative educational settings.
Program Goals:The overall goal of the Special Education Program is to prepare students to become effective special educators for mild and moderately disabled students in grades 1-12 and to meet the certification and professional standards of the Maryland State Department of Education and The Council for Exceptional Children. To accomplish this goal, there are two major objectives:
Program Competencies:Program competencies and outcomes are consistent with those of the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC), the major professional organization representing special educators, the Interstate New Teachers Assessment and Support Consortium (INTASC) Standards and those of the Maryland State Department of Education. The following competencies have been developed to prepare teachers and prospective teachers to:
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Characteristics of Exceptional Individuals
- Learning and Instructional Design
- Behavioral Research
- Psychoeducational Assessment
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Communication Skills in Special Education
- Technology in Special Education
- Master's Research Seminar
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , Local
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Educational Psychology View 727 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Complete Application form online
- Original Transcripts evaluated by WES (World Evaluation Services)
- Passing GRE (Graduate Record Exam) Scores: At or above 50th percentile of all test takers (if your program requires it)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation preferably from professors and/or supervisors who can speak to your interest in the program and your abilities.
- Certificate of Finance of at least $50,000 (Required ONLY for international applicants).
- Passing TOEFL (550/79) or IELTS (6.5) scores (For applicants whose first language is not English).
- Application Fee of $50 for all graduate programs
International18480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 616 USD per credit during 12 months.
National18480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 616 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State9960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 332 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Maryland City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.