For over 40 years, the Sport Management program of the University of Massachusetts Amherst, situated in the top ranked Isenberg School of Management, has offered a cutting-edge mix of theory and practice while educating and training some of the most dynamic leaders in the field.
Our rigorous curriculum - taught by one of the largest full-time faculties in the country, with over 100 years industry and consulting experience - is specifically designed to blend theory with practice. We offer the broadest selection of experiential learning classes in the country. You will acquire real-world experience from our classes, including sport marketing, market research, sport communications, event management, sales promotion, and sport analytics.
Our experiential-based curriculum, frequent industry guest speakers, expansive alumni network, and engaging, invested faculty best prepare our graduate students to become leaders in a broad range of sport industry segments and create a student experience that is second-to-none in sport business education.
In most of our classes, the theory that applies to each discipline is supplemented by projects providing students the ability to work in teams to solve "real world" challenges. Students will gain expertise in sport-related disciplines ranging from marketing, law and finance … to applied sport market research and analytics.
Each year, over 30 alums – spanning the country as well as industry segments -- volunteer their time, expertise and insights to help prepare the next class of alums for their careers in the sport industry. From monthly Skypes and shadowing days, to resume advice and job recommendations, each year the program results in the creation of lasting relationships that have become the hallmark of our alumni network.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sport Marketing
- Sport Finance and Business
- Sport and the Law
- Sport Organizational Behavior and Development
- Applied Sport Market Research
- Sport Analytics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Sports Management Sports Sciences View 1707 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Confirmed by official transcripts. Although the Graduate Admissions Office sets a minimum GPA of 2.75, our program requires a minimum 3.0 GPA (unless the student is able to demonstrate extenuating circumstances).
- GMAT or GRE: Your confirmed score must be sent directly to the Graduate Admissions Office. Note: GMAT is preferred. If you elect to take the GRE, the two GRE scores are converted to a GMAT equivalent.
- Personal statement.
- At least two letters of recommendation. For applicants with professional work experience, letters from both professional and educational sources are recommended.
- Application fee
- For Non-English speaking students: TOEFL Scores/IELTS Scores -- Although the Graduate School accepts a TOEFL score of 80, our program strongly prefers a minimum TOEFL score of 100. You may also submit IELTS for which a minimum score of 6.0 is required, and a score of 7.5 or higher is strongly preferred.
International20080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10040 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National20080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10040 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State9342 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4671 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.