Upon successful completion of an INTO George Mason University Graduate Pathway in Music and meeting university requirements for graduate admission, you may enter your second semester of graduate study at George Mason University. This transition from an INTO Mason Pathway program to a university degree program is called 'progression'.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Develop your knowledge and skills through active learning in your chosen subject area.
- Guaranteed university placement for all successful students.
- Adapt to studying in the US with a strong focus on study and research skills.
- Improve your English level and develop the vocabulary for your chosen degree subject.
- 4 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- 30 credit-hour program
- 10 credit hours apply from Pathway
- 20 credit hours remaining toward degree
- 30 credit hour program
- 8 credit hours apply from Pathway
- 22 credit hours remaining toward degree
DisciplinesMusic Music History Liberal Arts View 3183 other Masters in Music in United States
Age requirements: 17 years and above
Academic requirements: Four-year undergraduate degree or equivalent in music performance, conducting, ethnomusicology, music education, music theory, composition or jazz studies. 2.75 undergraduate GPA. Audition recordings must be submitted at time of application as a DVD or web-based file.
English language requirements:
- 1-Semester: TOEFL iBT 80 (17+ subscores in reading and writing), IELTS 6.5 (6.0+ subscores in reading and writing), PTEA 53, Completion of AE Core and OCS Level 6, or IELA 176.
- 2-Semester: TOEFL iBT 70 (13+ subscores in reading and listening), IELTS 6.0 (5.5+ subscores in reading and listening), PTEA 47.
International21780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21780 USD per year and a duration of 4 months.
Tuition fees can be up to $37,900 depending on the start date and / or programme option.
We are committed to helping talented and ambitious international students like you achieve their goals of studying at George Mason University. We award scholarships for our Pathway programs in amounts that are typically between $1,000 to $18,000 per program per qualified student.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.