About this Degree
The program’s mission is to educate students for culturally relevant and ethically sound social work practice within a changing global context affecting social work practice. Sensitivity to the personal, social, economic and political needs of vulnerable, high-risk populations is emphasized within a person and environment context. In accordance with professional social work’s ethical code and values, importance is placed on client empowerment, individual and political advocacy for greater social and economic justice, and challenging the oppression of diverse and vulnerable populations.
Do you have a question about the MSSW Program at UT, or would you like more information about either the on-campus or online MSSW program? Use this form to ask!
The Social Work (MSSW) program at the University of Tennessee Knoxville offers a comprehensive and vigorous curriculum that prepares students to address pressing individual, family, community, and societal needs through use of cutting-edge knowledge and skills. The program combines state-of the art coursework with in-depth internship experiences.
Accreditation by the Council on Social Work Education
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Evidence-based Policy and Practice with Older Adults
- Forensic Social Work
- Advanced Field Practice Extended
- Advanced Field Practice Full Time
- Advanced Field Practice Block
- Independent Study
- Doctoral Research and Dissertation
- Research for Social Work Practice
- Analysis of Social Work Data
- Neuroscience for Clinical Practice
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSocial Work Human Resource Management Civil & Private Law View 259 other Masters in Human Resource Management in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting agency or foreign equivalent.
- Preparation in the social sciences (at least three-fourths of the undergraduate work should be in the social sciences, humanities, physical sciences, and other liberal arts subjects).
- U.S. degree holders must have a minimum GPA of 2.7 out of a possible 4.0 on all undergraduate work and a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of a possible 4.0 on all previous graduate work.
- Personal qualifications acceptable for entrance into the professional practice of social work.
- GRE scores are not required for admission to the MSSW program
International31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD per year during 24 months.
National31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13380 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Knoxville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.