At the Mathematics program at Temple University you will have the opportunity to explore mathematics as both an applied and a pure discipline. The dynamic curriculum delves into mathematical analysis, principles and theories, preparing you to effectively handle a variety of mathematical situations and competently communicate your research. The degree program offers a concentration in Applied and Computational Mathematics for those looking to apply mathematical ideas to the study of real-world phenomena.
- applied mathematics and scientific computing,
- geometry and topology, and
Our intimate program affords you individualized attention and facilitation, with a research faculty-to-student ratio near one-to-one. Small graduate classes are held in an informal atmosphere, enabling you to work closely with faculty and peers. You can participate in one of the department’s strong research groups, which cover topics such as:
At the end of the program, you’ll have the option of completing your culminating project with a master’s thesis, the Master’s Comprehensive Examination or a master’s pass on the PhD Comprehensive Examination. The program may be completed over the course of three years on a part- or full-time basis.
Graduates either continue advanced educational programs or pursue employment in industry, education, or government laboratories and agencies.
- Special Topics in Math
- Concepts of Analysis
- High Performance Computer Programming for Scientific Modeling
- Mathematical Methods for High Performance Computing
- Number Theory
- Abstract Algebra
- Numerical Linear Algebra
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 972 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Take a standardized test
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference:3
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration
- Statement of Goals: Describe your strengths and motivation, the purpose for applying to a graduate program in mathematics, and why you are interested in the intended degree. This forum should be used to make your strongest case for admission and, thus, should be well written.
- Resume: Current resume required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International47010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1567 USD per credit during 12 months.
National47010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1567 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State36150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1205 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.