This goal necessitates training that crosses disciplinary boundaries. Through a program of study combining environmental science, environmental technology and environmental policy, the successful graduate will gain a range of skills designed to facilitate a science-based understanding of the natural world and human interactions with it. The Environmental Studies program at Virginia Commonwealth University is specifically designed to prepare students for careers involving science and policy research through the completion of a culminating thesis project.
Student learning outcomes
- Graduates will be able to use emerging environmental technologies and apply them under real-world conditions.
- Graduates will be able to conduct objective research and/or interpret research findings, and apply scientific concepts and information to the decision-making process for environmental regulations and policies.
- Graduates will be able to effectively bridge the realms of policy and science on critical environmental issues and be able to make significant contributions in an interdisciplinary professional and academic environment.
Graduates will possess a sophisticated and practical understanding of methods for collection, analysis, presentation and critical interpretation of environmental data using appropriate statistical and quantitative tools.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental Data Literacy
- Survey in Environmental Studies
- Environmental Research Methods
- Scientific Integrity
- Ecological Risk Assessment
- Historical and Cultural Landscapes
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Sciences View 464 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- Personal statement
- Academic documentation
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional academic requirements and regulations
- Foreign transcripts
- Financial certification
- Application fee
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12618 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Richmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.