Students in the Public Policy program University of Texas at Dallas will be prepared for analytical and administrative positions and responsibilities in a wide array of professional settings in the public, nonprofit and private sectors as well as advanced study for careers in research.
Students gain an essential foundation in applied economic and statistical analysis, which will help them address important public policy questions. The program also focuses on ethics and effective communication.
What makes a professional career in public policy unique is the emphasis on tackling “wicked problems” – the challenging issues that define the public agenda and call for talented individuals to devote their efforts to finding solutions.
A career in public policy once meant government employment, but given the connections between governments, nonprofits, NGOs, the private sector and universities, public policy graduates employed in any of these organizations can have highly productive careers that contribute directly to the public good.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Proseminar in Political Institutions and American Politics
- Ethics, Culture, and Public Policy
- Introduction to Quantitative Methods
- Applied Regression
- Descriptive and Inferential Statistics
- Regression and Multivariate Analysis
- Research Design I
- Evaluation Research Methods in the Economic, Political and Policy Sciences
- Economics for Public Policy
- The Innovation Economy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Policy View 312 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
- Proof of English proficiency.
- GRE or GMAT score.
- Completed UT Dallas graduate application.
- Application fee.
- $50 non-refundable international credential evaluation fee.
- Diplomas and/or degree certificates. Upload scanned copies with certified English translations by the appropriate academic institution or government agency.
- All college/university transcripts or mark sheets.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Certified translation of non-English documents.
International18856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9428 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National18856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9428 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State10542 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5271 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.