Students enrolled into the Divinity - Counseling Dual Degree at Wake Forest University can complete the requirements for both the Divinity and Master of Arts in Counseling degrees in four years instead of the five years needed if each program is undertaken separately. The curriculum meets the accrediting standards for each degree program. The dual degree program is designed to ensure that students meet the educational requirements for licensure as counseling professionals in North Carolina and most other states.Students in the dual degree program spend the first two years of the four year program enrolled in graduate courses in the School of Divinity. Students spend the second two years of the joint program satisfying requirements for the Master of Arts in Counseling.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- During the first two years, students complete on average 51-54 semester hours of core courses, area electives and general electives. The two-semester internship required during the second year of the MDiv curriculum is deferred until the second year of the counseling program. Dual degree students are required to complete through an ACPE accredited program a basic unit of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE). Students generally meet the CPE requirement in a summer session during their first two years of the program. Guidelines for applying CPE credit toward the degree can be obtained through the Office of the Academic Dean.
- As part of the dual degree program, students are required to complete a series of one-hour capstone courses that emphasize intersections between theology and counseling. Dual degree students are expected to complete these courses beginning in their third year of the four year program.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Religious Studies & Theology Counselling View 564 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Each application, whether from a domestic or international applicant, is evaluated and considered on its own merits and academic qualifications. Consideration is also given to previous research experience, publications, and work performance.
- International applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examinations
- Applicants whose native language is not English, but English was the primary medium of instruction at the public, undergraduate, or graduate school level, should include an official statement from their degree granting institution confirming that English was the medium of instruction. Once this statement has been received, the Graduate School will confirm by email or written document that the English requirement has been met.
International38650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38650 USD per year during 48 months.
National38650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38650 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Winston-Salem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.