A leader in fire science for more than 30 years, Fire Protection Engineering program of Worcester Polytechnic Institute is one of the few graduate programs in the field. Through our interdisciplinary program, you’ll study advanced topics in fire protection and safety and gain the critical thinking skills needed to become a leader in research, policy, education, and beyond.
Pursue your master's in fire protection engineering degree online, part- or full-time, or in the classroom. Every student benefits from the one-on-one mentorship and applied learning opportunities that are hallmarks of the WPI experience.
You’ll work closely with a faculty advisor to tailor a program that matches your interests and professional goals and can study topics including fire suppression, risk management, industrial fire protection, and explosion protection.
Thesis and non-thesis options are available, and both part- and full-time students may participate in our internship program that matches students with sponsors around the globe.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Our curriculum is grounded in the fundamentals of engineering, science, and mathematics, and enhanced with the fire safety aspects of human behavior, business, management, and public policy. You will gain hands-on experience with innovative, state-of-the-art fire protection and safety engineering technology.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Emergency & Disaster Management View 687 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Transcripts for all post-secondary colleges or universities
- Application fee of $70
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on your qualifications for pursuing graduate study are required
- GRE: Required for international applicants; recommended for all others. There are no minimum GRE scores, but the average for admitted students is typically 150 verbal, 165 quantitative, and 3.0 analytical
- Statement of purpose: Requested for those without work experience
- TOEFL / IELTS scores
International28980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28980 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National28980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28980 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.