Demand is soaring for systems engineers, as organizations across many industries are recognizing that complex engineering initiatives must be holistically designed and managed. From developing and directing logistics, schedules, risks, and opportunities, to leading teams and coordinating operations, systems engineers bring clarity and structure to these processes. And a master’s in systems engineering can help get you there.
WPI now offers 2 online master’s in systems engineering to suit your background and career goals. The part-time Systems Engineering and Systems Engineering Leadership program at Worcester Polytechnic Institute will give you the knowledge, skills, and decision-making abilities to design, manage, and lead complex projects.
- Gain technical depth in system dynamics, systems engineering, and systems thinking
- Learn to lead technical teams on complex engineering projects
- Analyze requirements for systems, explore alternatives for implementations and design and engineer systems in a way that minimizes technical risks.
- Develop integration, verification and validation strategies for systems to determine they were built correctly, and they meet users’ needs.
- Describe, design and develop complex hardware and/or software architectures that enable the functionality of complex systems and systems-of-systems.
- Work with program managers to plan, document and control the design and development of systems in a way that minimizes budget and schedule risks.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Concepts of Systems Engineering
- Systems Architecture and Design
- Systems Integration, Verification and Validation
- Systems Optimization
- Business Practices for Systems Engineers
- Managing Technological Innovation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering View 48 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United States
Transcripts for all post-secondary colleges or universities
Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on your qualifications for pursuing graduate study are required
GRE: Required for International Students Only (Systems Engineering)GMATs may be accepted in the place of GRE scores (Systems Engineering Leadership). GRE/GMAT requirement may be waived for candidates who hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum 3.0 GPA, with a course of study that included at least two quantitative courses with a grade of 3.0 or higher AND who meet one or more of the following three requirements:
- Three or more years of professional work experience
- A professional certification such as INCOSE SEP, PMI PMP, CPA, CFA, CFP, or Six Sigma
- An existing master’s or earned doctorate with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
ResumeStatement of Purpose
International28980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28980 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National28980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28980 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.