This consortium is currently made up of five graduate programs from the two adjacent universities and functions to coordinate the recruitment, admissions, and first year core curriculum of Ph.D. students, as well as helping our students in selecting Ph.D. research advisers from among the more than 200 faculty members on campus. The MMG Program from Rutgers University currently has approximately 121 faculty members from a number of departments in the areas: molecular genetics and microbial physiology; virology and pathogenic microbiology; applied, environmental and industrial microbiology; and computers in molecular biology. Additional or alternative studies are designed to meet individual needs. Thus graduate students have the opportunity to select additional study areas in their work. The Microbiology and Molecular Genetics program is offered at Rutgers University.
The PhD requirements include a set of core courses during their first year. In addition students are required to conduct laboratory research, pass parts I and II of the qualifying examination, and write and defend a research dissertation. All Ph.D. students are guaranteed a competitive stipend in addition to health coverage and tuition remission for the duration of their graduate studies, provided that academic standards are met and progress towards a Ph.D. is maintained.
Learning Goals MMG
- Grades in graduate courses
- Review by faculty of student progress with close advising and mentoring
- Comprehensive examinations assessing depth and breadth of knowledge or a capstone paper or project or a research thesis
- Assessment of student’s performance by committee of graduate faculty members
- Continuation of graduate studies or placement in a professional position that requires an understanding of the norms and practices of funereal sciences, as well as competency in the technical aspects of performing the work associated with funereal sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Microbial Life
- Current Concepts in Immunology
- Molecular Virology
- Human Genetics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMicrobiology Molecular Sciences Genetics View 167 other Masters in Genetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal statement, official transcripts, three letters of recommendation and resume.
- GRE General scores required for both PHD and Masters applicants. For PHD: Subject score (in Biochemistry, Biology, Cell & Developmental Biology or Chemistry) recommended but not required.
- In your personal statement discuss your relevant research experience.
International63697 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 63697 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National63697 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 63697 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State41281 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41281 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.