Our Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering from Rutgers University takes pride in the collegial student-faculty relationships it provides and in its preparation of students for successful careers in industry, government and academia. Our current enrollment is about 180 graduate students. About 90% of our graduate students are enrolled on a full-time basis. Most of our full-time graduate students are supported by teaching or research assistantships, as well as by fellowships.
To accommodate the needs of our part-time students, who mostly work in local industry, each semester a few of our graduate courses are taught in the evenings. We have 28 internationally renowned faculty members in residence, who teach and conduct research on a broad range of topics. We loosely group the departmental research under the following banners: Design and Control; Solid Mechanics, Materials and Structures; Fluid Mechanics; and Thermal Sciences. In addition, several distinguished colleagues from other departments are affiliated with our graduate program. Rutgers is conveniently located in central New Jersey, with an abundance of social, cultural and recreational facilities. New York and Philadelphia are easily accessible by car, train or bus.
- Attain mastery of the essential aspects of practice and research in mechanical and/or aerospace engineering.
- Engage in and conduct original research (for M.Sc. with thesis) or conduct in‐depth study, analysis, and design for an engineering project (for M.Eng.)
- Prepare to be professionals in the mechanical and/or aerospace industries or related fields, or for further graduate studies.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Adv. Control I
- Adv. Control II
- Design Mechanism/Mechanisms of Robotics
- Optimal Design
- Analytical Dynamics
- Mechanics of Materials
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Mechanical Engineering View 308 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
- Online application
- $70 nonrefundable application fee
- One official transcript from each post-secondary institution attended
- Letters of recommendation, as required by the program
- A personal statement
- Current test results, as required by the program
- Supporting materials, as required by the program
International15192 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15192 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
National15192 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15192 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State8928 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8928 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.