The coursework in the Bioscience and Health Policy program at Rice University provides communication training, professional development, policy writing and study skills enabling you to develop specific policy recommendations. You also acquire the tool-set to become knowledgeable in the formulation and execution of public policy.
The direct access to the Baker Institute allows you to work closely with policy scholars, meet with many of the leaders in science and technology policy, and attend discussions on the latest topics in bioscience and health policy. You can tailor your studies to your career focus and adjust your courses to fit interests in policy, health care management, bioinformatics, data analytics/science, technology transfer and/or prepare better for medical school.
The objectives of this interdisciplinary degree are:
- To equip students with advanced bioscience skills
- To achieve dual professional competency in science and policy analysis and development
- To teach quantitative skills and data analysis
- To equip students with leadership, communication and research skills to conduct independent studies enabling them to understand and formulate public policy recommendations
- To gain exposure in a real life experience in technology policy development by participating in an internship
- To train students how to integrate their science knowledge into creating better policies and practices
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Microbiology and Biotechnology
- Plant Molecular Genetics and Development
- Metabolic Engineering
- Developmental Biology
- Advanced Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Biology and Medicine
- Viruses and Infectious Diseases
- Cancer Biology
- Protein Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Bioinformatics Genetics View 352 other Masters in Bioinformatics in United States
- Completed application
- Three letters of recommendation
- General GRE scores
- Official transcripts from all universities attended
- TOEFL scores (if required)
- Statement of Purpose
International50310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50310 USD per year during 12 months.
National50310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50310 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.