- For example, medical physicists crunch the numbers for radiation-based cancer treatments to calculate precise dosages, maintain radiation equipment, and ensure that imaging machines such as CT scanners and MRIs are functioning properly.
- The Oregon Medical Physics Program is a partnership between Oregon State University and Oregon Health & Science University to educate medical physicists at the graduate level. Recently accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Educational Programs Inc. (CAMPEP), we are the only accredited program in the Northwest.
- We offer master’s and doctoral degrees in Medical Physics. The program consists of a minimum of 45 credits, 39 of which must be didactic. The following courses are required and the remaining credits can be compiled of any 500- or 600-level course taught in the department or from outside the department if approved by an advisor. A comprehensive oral exam must be passed to complete the degree. M.S. students, in addition to the exam, must present their work to a committee of graduate faculty. Admission is highly competitive; we accepted approximately 10% of applicants for the fall 2012 cohort.
- Behavioral Neuroscience
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cancer Biology
- Cell & Developmental Biology
- Clinical Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Medical Imaging View 36 other Masters in Medical Imaging in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Oregon State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Oregon State University Certification of Finances Form is required of all applicants, regardless of funding source. This includes applicants that have been granted a Teaching or Research Assistantship.
- Supporting documentation, demonstrating sufficient financial resources for the desired academic program. See below for Acceptable Forms of Financial Documentation
- Photocopy of Applicant’s Passport and Passport of any dependents (if passport has already been issued – this is used to match the name on the passport and visa documents).
- Photocopy of Current Visa/I-20 if already in the U.S.
- Monetary Amount to Show
- All international applicants and applicants that did not receive a degree in the U.S. (or other English speaking country) meet the following additional English language proficiency requirements for admission.
International30357 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30357 USD per year during 24 months.
National30357 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30357 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State16191 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16191 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Corvallis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.