The Computer Engineering program of Rochester Institute of Technology focuses on the design and development of computer and computer-integrated systems, with consideration to such engineering factors as function, performance, security, and sustainability.
Computer engineers design and build these systems to meet application and system requirements with attention to the hardware-software interaction. The intensive programming and laboratory work requirements ensure significant, high level, specialized knowledge and experience with modern facilities and state-of-the-art design tools.
Program goals and learning objectives
The MS in computer engineering prepares graduate students to:
- demonstrate independent learning, which is necessary in order to update their skills in a changing workplace and economy, and
- successfully formulate solutions to current technical problems in computer engineering or related disciplines.
The program's student learning outcomes are:
- Tools and Techniques: The ability to utilize state-of-the-art tools and techniques in the field of computer engineering.
- Depth: A depth of knowledge in a specialty area of computer engineering.
- Research: The ability to perform independent research.
- Analytical Topics in Computer Engineering
- Graduate Seminar
- Digital Integrated Circuit Design
- Reconfigurable Computing
- High Performance Architectures
- Multiple Processor Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 1114 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- Complete an online graduate application. Refer to Graduate Admission Deadlines and Requirements for information on application deadlines, entry terms, and more.
- Submit copies of official transcript(s) (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work, including any transfer credit earned.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree (or US equivalent) from an accredited university or college in computer engineering or a related field.
- Recommended minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent).
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae.
International54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54176 USD per year during 24 months.
National54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54176 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Rochester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.