The objective of this graduate program is to develop the ability of students to apply economic theory and high levels of quantitative and analytical skills to significant problems facing society in the areas of: economics of biotech/pharmaceutical sectors, production and marketing of agricultural and food products, land/environmental policy and management, and international development. View our Food and Business Economics brochure, or explore this site to learn more about the program.
The program offers a Master of Science degree. A 5-yr BS/MS in Food and Business Economics from Rutgers University is also available. A dual master’s degree arrangement is available with the Graduate Program in Urban Planning and Policy Development. Students interested in this dual degree arrangement must also apply for graduate admission to the Urban Planning and Policy Development Program.
- Small class size, world class research, practical solutions!
- Graduates are well-prepared for higher studies as well as for the real world.
- This program enables highly motivated students to become better qualified for the real world.
- Because of their high levels of quantitative and analytical skills, the longevity of our graduates in the private sector is higher than the graduates of some comparable fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Methods in Applied Economics
- Microeconomic Theory Applications
- Applied Econometrics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Food Sciences View 106 other Masters in Food Sciences in United States
- Minimum 3.0 GPA or better is required at the time of application
- All students entering the program are expected to have had courses in intermediate micro economic theory, statistics, and calculus. Students without the necessary background may be admitted provisionally; however, they are required to take courses to make up any deficiencies in these areas.
- Students must take the GRE (Graduate Record Examination). Non-native speakers are required to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language).
- Factors used in evaluating applicants are: undergraduate GPA; grades in economics, business, mathematics, and statistics courses; GRE and TOEFL scores, letters of recommendation, and the personal statement.
International30144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15072 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National30144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15072 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State17736 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8868 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.