The Master of Art History program at University of Kansas may be pursued as a terminal degree or as preparation for doctoral studies at KU or to apply elsewhere.
The department and affiliated faculty offer a wide range of courses focusing on art and visual culture from prehistory to the present in Europe, the U.S., East Asia, and Africa, both within national traditions and transnationally. Students may pursue graduate degrees in European and American Art/Global Modern and Contemporary Art or East Asian Art.
Students at Art History program at University of Kansas will:
- gain a broad and deep knowledge of the visual arts,
- study of the basic concepts, theories, and methods of the discipline.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts History Art History View 467 other Masters in Art History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed graduate application
- Three letters of recommendation (preferably from art history professors).
- A chronological list of art history courses completed that includes (1) the number of credit hours, (2) the instructor's name, and (3) the grade received.
- Resumé or curriculum vitae
- A statement of personal and educational interests and career objectives; not to exceed 750 words. Please address how the graduate program in Art History at KU would help you to achieve your goals.
- A writing sample, preferably from an art history course, of no more than 8-20 pages of text (not including the bibliography, endnotes, and images) that you feel best represents your research, writing, and critical thinking skills.
- Official transcripts, or copies of official transcripts, of all post-secondary education
International23951 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23951 USD per year during 12 months.
National23951 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23951 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State9989 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9989 USD per year during 12 months.
Annual tuition for 18 credits
Living costs for Lawrence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.