Accounting analytics can help an organization answer financial questions by looking at all the data gathered by a company (e.g., transactional data, financial data, investment analysis, etc.) and analyzing this information to gain significant insights, predict future outcomes, or even ascertain risk.
There are four key types of data analytics–descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive–and each has a role in helping an accountant report on activity happening within an organization. All four of these types of data can be used to create a full picture of what's happening within a business, what decisions can and should be made, and where growth opportunities lie.
This innovative Accounting and Analytics program from Rochester Institute of Technology teaches you how technologies and business analytics are used in the accounting profession, with a specific focus on:
- Hands-on experience working with data-science oriented computing languages such as R and Python
- Working knowledge of databases in Structured Query Language (SQL) and Systems Applications and Products in Data Processing (SAP)
- Data visualization skills, such as Tableau
- Understanding of essential technologies such as blockchain
Typical Job Titles
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Management Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Investment Advisor
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Tax consultant
- Accounting Information and Analytics
- Advanced Accounting
- Advanced Topics in Auditing and Assurance
- Tax Analysis and Strategy
- Information Systems Auditing and Assurance Services
- Comparative Financial Statement Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFinance Accounting Business Intelligence & Analytics View 520 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit copies of official transcript(s) (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate coursework, including any transfer credit earned.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree (or US equivalent) from an accredited university or college.
- Recommended minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent).
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Letters of recommendation are optional.
- Students are required to complete online preparatory coursework in R and Python prior to joining the MS in accounting and analytics program. The coursework does not need to be completed prior to applying, and will take roughly 3-4 weeks to complete.
International54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54176 USD per year during 24 months.
National54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54176 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Rochester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.