Designed for professionals in public and non-profit organisations and providing strong and comprehensive support, this online Masters programme will equip you to meet these challenges.
You will study three aspects of public administration:
- The policy process, within which public services are developed.
- The organisational and human context through which public services are delivered.
- The wider social, economic and political environment that shapes public service demands and constraints.
You will learn how to analyse complex public management problems, lead change effectively, and develop your ability to manage through networks and partnerships. You will be able to shape and deliver the public services of the future, and move into more strategic roles in a wide range of organisations.
Over the course of the programme you will grow as a competent and reflective practitioner, both in your current role, and in preparation for more demanding roles in the future.
The design of the Public Administration (Online) programme from University of York and the support provided mean that you will be able to balance the requirements of your studies with your work and other responsibilities.
Careers and skills
This course is ideal for people working in public and not-for-profit sectors as well as people working in for-profit organisations that deliver public services. It will enable you to develop the skills and understanding needed for management and leadership in complex public service environments.
Our current students and alumni work in roles in:
- Local and national governments and their departments
- International organisations and non-governmental organisations
- Other publicly funded organisations such as education and healthcare providers
- Charities and not-for-profit organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Management and Delivery
- Strategic Planning
- Policy Analysis and Process
- Reflective Practice for Professional Development
- Digital Capabilities for Global Citizenship
- Leading and Managing Organisational Change
- Project Management
- Public Finance
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Administration View 8 other Masters in Public Administration in United Kingdom
- 2:1 or equivalent
- If you don't have experience of undergraduate study we may consider your application if you have a suitable professional background
International6380 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6380 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6380 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6380 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.